Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Best Year Ever

Image:  FreeDigitalPhotos.net
This conversation took place in my classroom at the end of the day today when I was giving an overview of what we are going to be studying:

Student: "Are we going to be learning a foreign language this year?"

Me: "If you want to learn a foreign language this year, I will do everything I can to help you. I want this year to be about you learning whatever you want to learn."

Student: "I really want to learn how to 
speak Spanish and Chinese."


Me: "Great! We can use Google Translate, and I'll look for some other tools to help you. Just make sure you share what you learn with everyone else on our class wiki and your blog."

Student: "This is going to be the best year ever."


I hope it is the best year ever for her.  And all of my students.  
I really do love what I do for a living.